Sunday, September 15, 2013

What to get into next?

Not sure where to go next, so many topics I can easily rant on.  So I am going to throw out a short list, and hope for some feedback.  But of course, it's my blog, so I may ignore your comments and post what I feel like writing about . Nevertheless, I want to know what my  readers think would be interesting (assuming anyone cares, but I'll assume that for my personal benefit).

So here it goes:

1) The efficacy of Prayer.

2) The 9/11 terrorists were bad guys.  Sure, but they were certainly not "Godless cowards". They were obviously neither Godless nor cowards in fact. So stop saying that they were.

3) Why I don't believe in Zeus ( nor Yahweh, Allah, Buddha, Vishnu, FSM, etc).


Which do you want to hear about?  


Side note:

I did have had a list of political topics.  But I think it's fair to say that my pet peeves politically have mostly to do with the silly (and very unhelpful) "good versus evil" world view of too many these days. Which in turn leads to hyperbole that is beyond nonsense (e.g. Obama is just like Stalin and Hitler combined).  I just don't have the energy right now.  Perhaps later.


5 comments:

  1. I vote to start with #2. I agree with your thesis--they were neither godless nor cowards. Obviously they believed in god and their religion so much that they committed something difficult and suicidal/homicidal to please that god. (Abraham and Isaac come to my mind on that note.)
    But I'd like to hear a well-reasoned version, not my own snap judgment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, whom to please? I think I'll tackle 2 first. 24 years of marriage and you learn a few things.

    ReplyDelete