Wednesday, May 3, 2023

What does it look like?

Imagine you are listening to someone from Nazi Germany in 1936. And they say this: 

" I have nothing against the Jews, but Hitler makes a lot of sense otherwise. And the economy is getting better now" 

 Imagine this if you are a Jew.

In 2023, I am the parent of trans children. And I have to listen to this sort of bullshit from Republicans.

 "I don't hate trans people, but..." 

 The "but" is typically one of :

 I want low taxes and I believe in small government

 My religion compels me

I want to protect women's sports

I care about teens who think they are trans, but ... 

I believe in parental rights! 

 

Let me react to each of these from the bottom of my heart.

"I want low taxes": what I hear is "Sorry trans people, your extermination is OK if I get a better economic outcome."

"I believe in small government": What I hear is "Except when it comes to trans stuff. Then the government need to be BIG. " 

 "My religion compels me": Yeah, and your use of religion to oppress (unchallenged by the vast majority of Christians) is why I will NEVER be a Christian. 

"I want to protect women's sports ": Sure, this is credible. Since you have defended Title IX all along (NOT).  By they way, what public stands have you taken to defend trans people who aren't trying to play women's sports?    Seriously, what have you ever done to help trans people even live? 

I care about teens who think they are trans, but ...": Does it feel like compassion to you? Or is this just the lie you tell yourself? "

I believe in parental rights!": Well, except if the parent supports their kid taking hormone blockers. Then I want CPS involved!

In summary, I think anti-trans people are assholes. AND I AM RIGHT. And if you are anti-trans, fuck you. From the bottom of my loving heart.

1 comment: